“Building and Celebrating Community“
James Murphy of Oswald + Co is our April Guest Speaker.
James’ ‘Building and Celebrating Community’ Workshop is about helping businesses discover ways to build community capital.
The workshop explores ‘what is community’ and what version of community they celebrate. Together, we discover the community standards they respect and the claim of value they make within this community.
We believe the mark of celebrating community is how you make people feel and is focused on building trust and strengthening relationships. We promote our celebrating community playbook as a way to order our attention and direct our behaviour towards each other.
We learn how to facilitate a culture of generosity, positive reciprocity and human scale and an outcome of the workshop is the development of their own Celebrating Community Playbook – a set of rituals and customs centred around their shared values.
If you are keen to explore the questions below … this workshop is for you!
– How do you give back to the community?
– Can you let the community lead you?
– How do you welcome people and make them feel like they belong?
– What is your offer? How much do you charge?
– Do you give time and energy?
– Can you sacrifice something you can never get back?
– How do you create a feeling on your team that attracts people to you?
– How intimate is your connection?